Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Sometimes you gotta let things be what they were designed to be

Well, I went to that Domata website for recipes and found one for pancakes. First, we had a big snag when most of the ingredients were all mixed up, and I realized we didn't have enough milk!! The extra carton that was in the frig was chocolate.....not regular milk. Jakob was helping me, and he said, "Ooooo yeah! Let's use chocolate milk. I thought, "Why not. What else are we going to do with these ingredients that are already mixed up?" I was surprised that it all seemed to be working, and they didn't even taste too bad at all. In fact, Jakob who was picking at them as soon as I was making them, thought they were great.....and even better when I topped them with powdered sugar. It almost tasted like German chocolate cake, except not quite as sweet.........BUT, then it happened.....The stuff started getting doughy again! I couldn't use it beyond four or five pancakes because it was just too gloppy.......So....I baked them again! LOL! I sprinkled them all with powdered sugar and baked them in a muffin pan, and they came out almost like souffle. They didn't get quite as fest inside like cake....still a little moist, but they were done. A toothpick inserted came out clean and they were pulling away from the sides. Strange consistency, but, hey they taste good. LOL! I am not normally this experimental. I mean, I add things to dishes, but only if I have a bit of certainty it will turn out....Like adding basil and bay leaves to just about anything that has a tomato base, whether the recipe calls for it or not. Anyway...I have learned that this domata stuff was designed to make dough, and only dough, so I will just leave it at that! =)

No comments: