Well, Saturday was our birthday, so my parents, my brother, and Lance's parents came Saturday afternoon. We had fun hanging out, and then went to a really nice restaurant(ok, by nice, I mean GREAT food....not dressy and stuffy.) Then we came back here, opened presents, and hung out some more. My parents left that night, and then Lance's parents stayed over, went to church with us, and stayed for the afternoon before heading back home. We had lots to eat. Of course, that's what you always do when you get together, right? Eat and eat, and eat......I made pumpkin bars with my new Bosch. Yeah! It was fun to get to use it!! =)
It was so nice having family here. We also had Carter this weekend, so the gang was all here. You know, when you can just gather and enjoy each other with no real agenda? That is just so nice!! Lance's mom also brought up a yummy apple pie, and this garlic bread stuff that is out of this world!! We still have a loaf left and we will be eating that tonight. =) I'm making spaghetti, so it will go nicely with it.
Weather permitting, Lance's parents will be back in a couple of weeks for Jakob's party. I can't wait to have them here again. Now, how many people do you know would say that about their in-laws? =) Really, I hit the jack-pot there! Lance's whole family is just the coolest, and they're very close, and they love laughing and just hanging out just like I do. Cool, right?!
Anyway, I have spent way too much time on this computer today! Kristina needs to get some more work done today. It has been slow-going with school today because we are all kinda tired from this weekend. I thought about calling an in service day. I have never really done that, but honestly, the girl can be really, REALLY tough to teach when she is grumpy and tired. She has attitude and knows how to use it!!
Speaking of teaching.....Jakob got a Leapster from my parents for his birthday. (They won't be here the weekend of his party) He LOVES it! Calls it his "Weapster" because he can't say his beginning L's. What I love about it is that he is learning numbers, letters, and shapes, and colors, and phonics.....and he loves it and is doing it, and doesn't realize he is learning. Nanner nanner nanner! With Jakob, if he knows he is learning something, he will quit. He just could care less if he could every spell his name or write the letter A, but he loves his "weapster" and hasn't figured out yet that he is learning a thing or two yet! =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Happy Belated Birthday, Melissa and Lance! Sounds like you had a great time!
Post a Comment