So, Laurie told me about this flour mix that you can buy that is gluten free and you don't have to buy a bunch of different flours (ie rice flour) and mix them together just so you can have gluten free bread or cookies etc. She said you can substitute cup for cup for regular flour, and that she just loves it. Makes really yummy bread, and the cookies she made, Carter commented were the best cookies she had ever made. So, I go and buy some of this miracle flour. Even went to the website to read up on it. The stuff is called Domata (www.domatalivingflour.com) and according to the website, you can just substitute it cup for cup in your traditional recipes. Great!!
Well, today, I decided I would make pancakes. Jakob loves pancakes, and so does everyone else, so I thought it would be great, seeing that we are all together this morning! Well, I added the salt and baking powder to the flour and then stirred that into my other ingredients I had mixed up. Soon, it got very hard to stir. It was like dough!!! I added more milk. It just sucked it up and still was like dough! I ran and told Lance. He said, "Well, call Laurie. She's probably made pancakes with the stuff." So I call Laurie. No she hadn't, and after my story, she said she probably won't. She commented again on how great the bread and cookie were though. LOL! She said she always bought the Red Mill mix for pancakes.
Then I'm like, Great! What am I going to do with this slop???! It isn't quite fest enough to make bread. Plus, I would have already had to have added the yeast. So I added some chocolate chips and butterscotch chips. Told Lance, "If you add enough chocolate, anything will taste good." Well, what do you know! I filled a muffin pan and baked them, and they tasted good!! LOL! Jakob LOVED them!! They looked kinda funny, and I probably won't purposely make them in the future, but at least all those ingredients won't go to waste! Lance and Carter thought they were good too, but Kristina thought it had too much chocolate. I'm not quite sure if she is truly a female or not. The girl doesn't like chocolate very much! LOL!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment