Monday, October 13, 2008

It's Official!!

We have booked our "honeymoon cruise!" Yes, we already had a honeymoon, but we had decided when we got engaged (which was in February, during the worst winter in a long time) that we would stick around here for a honeymoon right after the wedding....somewhere we could drive to, and then go somewhere tropical in February, when Lance is done with the three months of nonstop Hobby Lobby work, and when we have all had it with snow, ice, and cold weather.

It took us a long time to decide where to go! We couldn't decide between going to a Sandals resort, where you go to one island and they basically take care of your every need, or take a cruise, where you could see at least a couple different places, and well, they still take care of your every need. We weren't sure, now that we are older, if we would get motion sickness too. I never used to, but the body changes, you know. Anyway, we finally decided on a cruise since we couldn't even decide which island we wanted to visit. We thought it best that the first time we went tropical, we'd sample a few different places, and then maybe at some later date, we can go on a Sandals like resort at one of our fav. stops.

We will be flying into Puerto Rico, and then stay the night, and board the boat the next day to go on a seven-day cruise. We will hit 6 different islands....one each day, and then the last day is just a long cruise day back to Puerto Rico. We will have from 7:00 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. every day to explore each of the islands. I can hardly wait! I love to travel! My favorite thing is sampling a bit of culture....do or eat something the locals would normally eat or do. It will also be great wearing shorts and my swimsuit when all you guys will be back here in your down coats, shoveling snow, etc....hmmmmmmm =)

Anyway, we are lucky we got it booked when we did because it appears that everyone in the U.S. is going to Puerto Rico at that time! We could hardly get a flight back home! We don't even get to sit next to each other on the plane coming back! We do get to sit one in front of the other though, so not like we will be totally separated.

In other news, Kristina starts piano lessons today, and we are riding the "handicap bus" (Remember when we naughty little kids and we used to joke about the short bus? Well, seems I'll be riding it today!) They come and pick you up at your house and take you to wherever you want to go and drop you at the door. This is better than walking four blocks to get on the city bus and then walking however far again once you get off the regular bus at the closest place to the teacher's house....Oh, and we would have to change buses too. Ugh! They're making me bring a car seat for Jakob, which they don't on the regular bus, but the lady said, "It's for his own safety." in a voice that was like, "Gosh you evil mother! Don't you want your child to be safe?~!" So I have to carry this car seat on the bus, strap it in, then carry it off when I get to my stop, then do the same coming home. Oh well! Yes, He'll be safer that way....never mind that there is only one seat with a seat belt in the bus, so the rest of us aren't safe. I also hope that the piano teacher doesn't mind that Jakob and I will be there while Kristina is taking her lesson because we won't have anywhere else to go during that time. I just pray Jakob will be content reading books or coloring. I would bring cars, but then you'll hear< "RRRRRRRRRRRR-RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR CRASH! BANG! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! HELP ME! Oh NO! He's on fire!..." You get the picture, especially if you have boys. None of that car stuff is ever in a quiet voice!

Well, I have to get busy with Kristina's school work, and Jakob's play-dough. Shhhhhh! Jakob doesn't realize he's learning stuff with his play-dough! Jakob is NOT like Kristina at all when it comes to learning. He wouldn't care if he ever learned his letters or numbers and avoids it all costs. He's too busy for puzzles or drawing shapes or any of that other learning stuff....so Mommy has to find games....and play-dough is a favorite. He has this Diego Play-dough thingy that teaches a bunch of things through these activity sheets. Anyway, that's all for now. =)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa -- So excited for you guys! That's awesome and sounds like a ton of fun. Hey, if you need any more information about Puerto Rico, let me know. Steve's brother, David, has lived down there for 3 years now and works for the post office. I'm sure I could get any information you'd want. :)

Debi

Kelli said...

That's exciting!! You both deserve it though! I haven't commented in awhile, but have no fear my friend I've been faithfully reading. Sorry to hear about all the problems with Jakob - poor 'lil guy. Your wedding pictures turned out beautifully, you guys make such a cute family! I loved your story about your night out at carlos and asking if anybody lived by McDonald's... haha, too funny!

talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

We can pack in a minute and please
can we sneak into your suitcase??

The Naths said...

Well, you'll have to get your own room.....not right next to our preferably! LOL!