Well, Jakob had the most normal BM he has ever had in his entire life today! I was so excited I almost started jumping up and down! I was a little concerned before this because he hadn't had any BMs since Monday night, and even if the stuff was gross and soft before, at least it came every day like clockwork. Anyway, this morning, he finally went, and so we will see how it goes through the weekend, and then introduce some of the gluten products back in, and see if he has a reaction.
Kristina and I went to a bread baking class the other night. She has been begging to make bread forever! It was so much fun! The lady sells Bosch kitchen machines and then the grain mill also. Both machines are awesome!! I want them both so badly! The Bosch kitchen machine is basically a comercial grade stand mixer, but it is so much nicer than like a Kitchenaide (in my opinion anyway) because it doesn't have that arm that comes down, so you can put a lid over the top of the bowl and when you add flour, the flour doesn't get thrown all over your kitchen. It comes with a dough hook and can make up to 7 loaves of bread at one time. We made four loaves of bread, some cinnoman rolls and some pull-aparts. We had first used the grain mill. She put whole wheatberries in it and shortly, we had whole wheat flour. Really cool. The bread was some of the best bread I have ever tasted. It was so hearty and fulfilling! My favorite part was throwing the dough. The Bosch kneads the dough for you, so you don't have to do that part, but then you take the dough and slam it down on the counter seven times. hehehe...Kinda cool when you need to let out a little frustration. =) The Bosch also comes with a blender that is equivelant in power as the Vitamix blender (Vitamix blenders are those really cool blenders that cost about 400.00!) so we made smoothies also which were sooooo good, and she put so much healthy stuff in there like nuts and seeds and oats and other stuff I wasn't even sure what it was and then yogurt and peaches and some other stuff. O my gosh! It was so awesome!! Yum! And no, you could not even taste the nuts or anything. It just tasted like your basic fruity smoothy. So yes, I want both the Bosch machine which comes with the blender attachment, and the mill, but no, I won't be getting it because the two things together cost 599.00! Sigh...... The Bosch is 379.00 (on sale) and the mill is 249.00 on sale and then you have even more savings for buying them both together for 599.00! Yikes!
Lance's mom is going to let me have their breadmachine they don't use. This is so nice. At least we will be able to make our own bread, and it will be a lot cheaper to make Jakob's bread than it would to buy it at the health food store if I need to do this for him. Only disappointment is the bread machine takes all the fun out of making bread. It does it all, so I won't get to SLAM the dough on the counter over and over again. LOL! Oh, I did learn something else. You know how we learned to flour our counter and our hands when working with dough? Well, she said not to do this because you have already added the amount of flour the bread needs and doing this will make the bread dryer, so she suggested (and this is what we did in the class) spraying the counter with cooking spray and then also spray your hands too. This worked great and I wasn't covered with flour afterwards. =)
Well, I better go and get some housework done....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
If you do end up keeping Jakob on a gluten free diet, I can give you the inside "scoop" on tried and true recipes and/or mixes that my father-in-law has liked. I know there are some bread mixes that he has said were even less appealing than he imagines eating cardboard would be. Let me know and I can talk to them. :)
Hey thanks! That will help! =0
Post a Comment