So, today at lunch, Jakob was asking how dogs were able to drink up their water so fast, and while I tried to answer, I found it hard because, well, I'm not a dog, and I guess I don't really know how. I mean, can you think of how to explain it? Go ahead....think about it....I'll wait....
Ok, so Kristina, who knows EVERYTHING cut in and told Jakob, "It's the bugs! They grab it all and pull it in." I looked at her confused and said, "Bugs???? What bugs?" She said as seriously and as certain as she could, "The taste bugs!! The dog's taste bugs grab the water and pull it in." LOL! Oh my gosh! Really, she normally is quite bright. Really! And yes, I did explain to her that they are called "taste buds" not Bugs, and assured her that there are NO bugs on any one's tongue grabbing anything....including dogs!
By the way, just for an update on the birthday situation (which actually isn't until tomorrow) Lance's gift that I mentioned in the last blog came in while Lance was home for lunch, so that was really nice! I got him his new shoes he has been wanting for the last coup,le of months. Exciting, I know! =) Actually he was surprised and very happy to have them finally though.
The kids and I made hot cocoa mix for Lance's present from them. We had a large canister and filled it with the mix........and it only filled it about a quarter of the way......so we added a second batch, and I bet even a third one would be needed to actually fill it, but it looks alright as is. =) I printed off 2 pieces of paper that read "Daddy's Happy Birthday Hot Cocoa mix" and then at the bottom in smaller writing, it gave directions on how to make a cup of hot chocolate with it. The canister is tall and squarish round, so one of these papers went around front and the other around back, and they almost meet on the sides. Kristina decorated one and Jakob decorated the other piece of paper....see, 'no fighting' solution. =) Anyway, I think he will like it, and I tasted just a tiny bit of the mix (I didn't actually make hot chocolate...just ate a tad off of a spoon) and it really does taste good! Anyway, I get this project done, and I'm looking at it, and I think, "Crap! What about Carter? Should I have included him somehow?" I'm sure he will bring something to give as he always has in the past, but you know, I've never been a stepmom before, and I don't want to be a mean stepmom who doesn't think of her stepson, but, he's not here, and when he is here, so is Lance, so I didn't know how I would have pulled it off by including him anyway.....Oh well, I guess I'll find out tomorrow when they give their gifts if I screwed up or not. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment