You know when you are shopping, and there is that whiiiiiining screaming, demanding kid, and you think, "What is up with that kid?.....If that were my kid I'd....."..? Well, today, I was the lady with that kid. Jakob, my super shopper boy was that kid. Jakob has always been great when shopping! He likes to look at things and talk about them, and then when he has nothing more to chat about, he puts his thumb in his mouth and just hangs out while his mommy shops! He truly is amazingly well-behaved on shopping trips! However, today, he was about as bad as I think I have ever seen him....Continuously trying to stand up....screaming and whining and crying for everything he saw on the shelves that he wanted..."I WANT DIEGO YOGURT!!!! MOMMY RIGHT THERE!!!! DIEGO YOGURT!!! GET IT! GET IT! GET IT! MOOOOOOMMMMMMMY!!!!! DIIIIEEEEGGGGOOOOOO YOOOOOGUUURT NOOOOWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SINA (what he calls Kristina) SHOW MOMMY DIEGO YOGURT!!! MOMMY CAN'T SEE!!! SHOW HER! I WANT DIEGO YOGURT!" (Just to give an example of one of the MANY fits he threw.) Then he was whining about every time Kristina touched the cart, sang a song, spoke, looked at him, touched HIS apples....etc...Then there was the kicking. He kicked Kristina from his front seat of the cart, and I scolded him...He continued to swing his feet, and then purposefully kicked off his boot, so I took his boots...OHHHH WAS HE MAD THEN! I told him if he was going to do naughty things with his boots, then his boots were going in time-out. Well, you get the picture. It was not fun!!! THEN later in the day, he was kind of whining again, and he said, "I have a headache again." I said, "Again?" He said, "Yeah remember Mommy? I had one in the store?" Poor guy! No wonder! Of course, I didn’t “remember” because I never knew.
Kristina used to be a handful like that every time we went shopping. I will never forget the time she was almost 2, and we were in Target, and she had had enough. She wanted out of the cart. I told her ok, but that I was going to carry her. No walking. She agreed, and then broke that agreement about 10 seconds later and wanted to walk. I told her no, and then she started just throwing a fit, screaming, throwing her arms and kicking her legs around, and what she was screaming at the top of her lungs was, "HELP ME!!! HELP ME!!! PLEEEEEAAAAAASE!!!!!!" I thought, "Oh my gosh! They're going to think this child isn't mine, and I'm kidnapping her, and she's screaming for help!" There was another lady in the same aisle, who started to laugh and said, "It looks like Mommy is the one who needs help!' Thankfully, I was able to leave the store without being questioned, although for the rest of the time I was in the store, asset protection followed me. LOL! I know who these people are. They follow me often because since I am blind, I look at things closely, and they think that's suspicious. LOL! Basically, if the guy who was in the shampoo aisle and the toothpaste aisle, is now looking at tampons with you, you can be sure he is asset protection!
Kristina is all excited! She is having her birthday party tomorrow! It's a princess party. =) I let her fill the pinata today, and she was beaming as she filled it. Her birthday was actually Jan 23rd, and we made sure that day was special for her, but we are having the party tomorrow because it was the first weekend Lance had free after inventory. Poor guy. He really works so hard! She is so excited her Grandma and Papa will be coming too! My parents may or may not be staying over, and then Lance and Carter will be staying over for sure, so we can all go to church in the morning and then spend the day together and watch the Super Bowl. Anyway, it will be a fun-filled weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Melissa,
Actually they follow you in the store because you're a klepto--we just never had the heart to tell you. (BTW I want my watch and silverware back....) LOL
Seriously, hang in there. Once when I was a little kid I shook up a 2 Liter of pop in the store and opened it. Mom was not pleased!
Chad
Post a Comment