Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Hello again!

Did you all miss me? LOL! I have been so busy this week, and yet feel like not much is getting accomplished. After a very lengthy search, I finally found a DJ and a photographer!! FINALLY!!!! The photographer looks like a ton of fun. Their website is http://www.memoriesintime1.com/ They were one of the cheapest we found. You would not believe what people are making at wedding photography these days. Wish I could do it!! I'd make a fortune! Or....maybe blind photographers aren't in high demand...I don't know. =) Anyway, not only are their pictures great, but they are very upbeat, and one cool thing is that you get ALL copy write rights. They give you a proof DVD and you can copy the DVD or make extra prints from it...this is in addition to the prints they give you.

The DJ is also a great guy from what I can tell. He likes to interact with the crowd and even gets all the kids out there and teaches them a dance.

So, the really big stuff is done. We have the church, the reception hall, the caterer, the DJ, the photographer, and the florist. Of course, there are a lot of other details still, but I feel relieved that these things are taken care of now. Finding the photographer and the reception spot were the most frustrating of all!

Weather permitting, the parents are going to meet for the first time this Sunday. I hope it works out, but, the weather just keeps happening over and over again!!! I have had SOOOO many plans canceled due to weather this winter. I am really, really tired of it, and I am a pretty patient person....but, hey, enough is enough already!!!!!

I have done one fun thing, and that is to pick out the wedding ceremony music. I am not doing the traditional music you hear at weddings....Well, not entirely true...just not the bridal march and that typical recessional that you always hear. YACK! Sooo, I had lots of fun picking out the pieces, and Carter is going to play a piece or 2 for us also. One piece during the lighting of the candle, and then possibly a second special piece. =) I am so excited about that!! He is sooooo talented, and I am so happy he wants to do it. He plays pieces most people don't even touch until they are in high school. He also has no clue he is as good as he is. He is very humble.

Lance has been looking at houses, which is a lot of fun. He is going again tonight to take a look at some. He and Carter went on Saturday and saw 5 houses. There were about three that would work, but only one that Lance really loved....It was the most expensive, of course. =) He had me look at them online with him also as he talked through them. Very fun! We are looking at mainly ranch style homes with finished basement....and we need four bedrooms at least, or a place to put an extra one or 2 in the basement or something.

Well, that's all that is going on here! Hope all is well with everyone else! =)

No comments: