Sunday, February 3, 2008

A Blessed Weekend!

We had a wonderful weekend! Kristina’s party went well, and I think the kids had a lot of fun. My parents and brother came up and stayed over on Saturday, along with Lance and Carter. (Yes, it was a full house!) The weekend was full of little blessing though, and I am so thankful to God for those who love me! Remember on an earlier blog how I had mentioned that I needed a sewing machine? Well, my mother read that and said I could have her sewing machine. (Heck! I thought the thing was long gone!!) So, Yea! Now we can learn to sew. Kristina is so excited! (And, yes, so am I!) Then my mom wanted to go to the store for a couple of things, so Lance asked that the two of them go together so he could check something out. He came back and we ate dinner, and then he asked if my dad would go with him to pick something up….A computer desk for me!!! For those of you who don’t know, I have had my new computer on the floor. I hadn’t gotten a desk yet. It is such a nice gift, and my back will be oh so grateful to him!! On Sunday, Lance, the kids and I all went to church, leaving all of the dishes behind as I did not have time to wash them before we had to get out the door….You ever notice how hard it is to get to church on time??? I mean, anywhere else, you can get out the door on time, but for some reason, getting ready for church seems to take longer than getting ready to go anywhere else….anyway, sorry for the tangent….I was saying…When we came home, I found a few more blessings….My mom had washed all of the towels, my dad had washed all of the dishes, and my dad and brother were putting my new desk together. That was also a blessing for Lance. =) He was going to put it together for me, but I don’t think it was something he was exactly looking forward to! Anyway, I felt very blessed this weekend! My parents left after lunch, and Lance and Carter left tonight. It was such a nice visit with all of them!
Well, that’s all for now! I have to get up early for a homeschool field trip to the Bug Zoo in Ames. We are leaving at 7:30..Ick!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Awwwe, how sweet of everyone! Such sweet gestures for a sweet, caring lady & Mom! I'm glad your weekend was blessed - may you have many more :)

mom and dad said...

what a guy! what great family to help out! (finally got signed in)