Monday, February 11, 2008

The Joys of Toddlers...

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY do toddlers have to poop in the tub?????? Now, this is only Jakob’s third offense, (Kristina use to do it almost every time you put her in the tub when she was about one.) but it is so awful! He couldn’t just have one little poopy…NOOOOO! He’s got to have a LOT of little squishy, slimy poopies that smear all over the place and get caught in tiny places like the hair trap. Thankfully, we have a detachable shower head thing…you know…it acts like a hose. After I got rid of all the “stuff” I ran scalding hot water and bleach. As soon as it gets down to a temp I can actually touch, I will scrub. As soon as he had realized what he had done, he said, “I sorry mommy! I forgot I was in the tub!” I didn’t even notice until it was all over with because there were bubbles in the bath.

THEN….I had put a movie in for the kids after cleaning Jakob up, so they would stay out of my way while I cleaned the tub. Gave them pop-corn and everything. Well, Jakob took a bunch of pop-corn, in my absence, and threw it behind an arm chair in the corner!! I asked him to climb back there and pick it all up. He said, “No mommy! I can’t! It’s food for my sharks!” Well, after explaining that if his sharks were hungry, they needed to eat out of the bowl and not off the carpet, just like everyone else, he picked up all the pop-corn…..never missing a beat about his make-believe world…..He first had to restrain the bad sharks, so he could climb in the “water” with them and get the pop-corn.

I haven’t even been able to clean anything up from dinner yet. Dinner is what prompted the bath in the first place. We had spaghetti…He’s three….Enough said. Actually, he was even messier than ever because at some point during dinner he decided he was a dog who liked spaghetti…Yes, you guessed….face in the food! Well, I am off to get the kids off to bed and get my dining room and kitchen back in order…Oh, and clean the tub some more! Yea!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

LOL kids always give us something to talk about, huh?

I sob too at Extreme Home Makeover, I just didn't want to tell everyone that... haha!

Do you want me to send that recipe to your account?

Dena said...

jgI had that same bathtub experience when my girls were little...only with them being twins, they did it at the same time. blech! Fun times huh? LOL