Friday, February 15, 2008
Valentine's Day!
Well, I just had the best Valentine's Day Ever! =) It started out with Lance coming to the door with one rose. Then he gave me a very sentimental card that got me all warm and fuzzy. =) We went to dinner and had a great meal, and then came back to the house to exchange gifts. He opened one from me first, and I needn't bore you with what I got him because what he got me totally overshadows that. He told me to close my eyes, and I heard him moving around and such. Then he says, "Ok, now come stand in front of me." I was like, "uh, my eyes are closed, remember?" Well, he allowed me to open my eyes and come in front of him. Then he said some wonderful, wonderful things (No! I'm not sharing!) And then he got down on one knee and proposed. I had no idea it was coming! I got a little teary, and I was just elated, but also a little stunned, since I did not see it coming. Ha! Anyway, more details to follow, but we are looking at the end of the summer for the date, and getting married in our church here. We are also looking at a rather small wedding....and simple! Oh, and the ring is beautiful, and he put so much thought into it that I am so touched. He knows I'm totally sentimental. =) Kristina has also been making plans (She is so excited!) She has decided that she will be the flower girl, and Carter will be the ring barer, and Jakob will sit in Grandma's lap. LOL!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Awwwe! Congratulations Melissa & Lance! How sweet!
I couldn't be happier for you both. Welcome to the family Melissa, Kristina & Jakob!!!
EXCITING!!!!!!!We are so happy for
both of you. We do and will WELCOME you as #4 daughter, Kristina #5 granddaughter and Jakob as #5 grandson. May you both always continue to look for happiness and sunshine.
Congratulations!!!!! So thrilled for you both! I was SHOCKED when Lance told me -- I knew it would probably be coming some time, but had no clue it would be THIS week! WOW! We're so happy and excited for you both. It'll be fun to get to know you and the kiddos more and welcome you into our family!!!! :)
Post a Comment