Ok, so I got back on Saturday afternoon, but I have just been too busy to even turn on the computer.
My parents got to see the new house on Saturday on the way home, and they really liked it.....well, my mom didn't like the way Jakob's room is painted, but oh well. =)
Sunday morning, I got a call from Lance letting me know that our basement flooded, and it was under six inches of water. Luckily nothing major was ruined....just some posters and things, and the carpet will probably need to be replaced. We had no sump-pump, as one has never been needed, so they ran to the store, and it was a zoo, and they were completely out. Lance's co-manager had an extra one for him to use, but did not work out too well, so my parents, on their way out of town stopped by the Menards here in Algona, and they were able to get one there. Also, it was such a blessing that Lance's parents were there. I know they were so much help!!! I can't imagine how awful it would have been if Lance were there to deal with it alone!! They were there to help get Lance moved in when all of this took place. I am so glad they were there! They just left this morning and will be back on Thursday as we are supposed to get more storms on that day! UGH! People are saying this is so bad....much worse than it even was in '93. (For those of you who don't live here, Iowa had huge floods in 1993.) The National Guard is there now, and there is a curfew for 9:00 right now as businesses are all closed due to the water. They are hoping that the water will be back for showering and washing by Thursday, but it will then need to be tested for contamination, so they still will not be able to drink the water. Right now, to use the toilet, they have to flush and then pour water back in.. It's crazy! Lance and Carter are going to be in Florida next week. I really hope nothing happens while they are gone!! I just hope that the rain can stay away for a while so things can dry up and get back to normal. Lance is exhausted!!
Last week I did a lot of wedding stuff with the invites and other details. Can you believe they send them unfolded?! Did I mention the invites are TRI-fold?! Then the RSVP cards also had to be folded! It took forever! I also wrote on all of the inside envelopes. I read somewhere that you are NEVER to use address labels on the outside envelopes....and this was just recently too, in a bridal magazine! Well, I guess I'm breaking that rule because I think that rule is dumb! And if anyone wants to judge me for using an address label on the outside envelope, well, I think that is totally dumb too!
Had my first dress fitting!!! It was exciting!! It fits like a glove, but about seven inches have to be hemmed on the bottom! We also picked out the tuxes, which took a lot longer than I thought! Soooo much to choose from! We're only about 2 1/2 months away now!!
Kristina has VBS this week. It just started last night and goes through Thursday.
Carter had a baseball game tonight. He has one tomorrow and another on Thursday, and then I think that is pretty much it for the year, since next week he'll be gone.
Jakob is FINALLY potty trained!!!! He is going on his own now, and hasn't been having accidents or anything. Last night he actually made it through the whole night, and then ran into the potty first thing this morning!! YAY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm so glad you're back! Sorry to hear about the house - I've been looking at pictures of the midwest - what a crazy year we're having! Congrats to Jakob for being potty trained!
Post a Comment