Every now and then someone asks me about my wedding ring, and so I tell them what it will look like and then explain the story......because there actually is one. Anyway, I thought I would post it here.
The story starts with a necklace actually. Our first Christmas together, Lance gave me a necklace, and there is even a story behind that! Lance and I have the same birthday....October 25th! =) We always thought that was so cool and funny at the same time. So Lance bought a necklace for me for Christmas that has our birthstone (Rose Zircon....a pink stone) in it, cut in the shape of a heart and with a diamond set above the stone. It is very pretty, and because I am VERY sentimental, I never take it off. It has always been a symbol of us together, and the unique bond we share because of our birthday. =)
Well, Lance looked and looked for a ring for me, but he said nothing was striking him as "the one." He wanted it to be special. He was sent to Mankato for work and was really irked to have to be there because he really needed to be in his own store and when he got there, he found out there wasn't a whole lot for him to do there, so on one of his breaks, he decided to go check out the mall, and according to him, found the reason God had put him in Mankato! He passed a jewelry store that had a big display of sapphires in different colors. The pink sapphires reminded him of the necklace I wear. The setting with the pink sapphires was ugly, he said, but he did like the setting with the blue sapphires. He asked them if he could trade out the stones. They told him yes, and then he told them that he wanted the sapphires a bit smaller, so as to not overpower the diamond in the engagement ring (Which is just a solitaire on a white gold band.) They said they could order it the way he wanted, so he took all the info on everything and also chose the engagement ring as well, but wanted to think about it before buying. So he even went back to Mason City and everything, and then called the sales girl back up and ordered it the way he wanted the setting, and in my size. Like I said, the engagement ring is a solitaire...beautiful diamond.....in white gold, and then the wrap will fit around the diamond...so it will have a pink Sapphire mounted on either side of the diamond, and then three diamonds on either side of the sapphires which are set into the band. It is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! What touches my heart though is not how beautiful the ring is, but all the thought that went into the ring. I mean he basically designed the ring for me, and it has sentimental meaning beyond the sentimentality that is behind every wedding ring. He is so incredible!! I love him so much, and I just feel so honored and blessed to have him as my future husband!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment