Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Missing Lance.....

Now this is silly, I understand, but I really miss Lance. Now, the reason I say it is silly is because during any normal week, I wouldn't be seeing him right now anyway, and I did just see him on Sunday, but he's so far away!!!!!! That makes it different somehow. See, now there is no chance that he would call me up and say he is on his way to my house as a surprise visit.....and there is no way that if I really needed him, he would be able to come. He has 100 national minutes that he got for his phone, but we won't be able to talk very often. Well, let's put it this way, we talk almost every day for that amount of time! LOL! This makes him seem even further away! It already is hard only seeing him once or twice a week! We laugh sometimes because really, it is such a blessing to see each other that often, since when I lived in Shellsburg, we were lucky to see each other once a month or every six weeks!! HOW did we ever do that?.......oh yeah, we broke up over that, that's right. =) How do people get engaged and have to wait a whole entire year for the wedding to come? I tell you, I am so tired of being apart. He is too, and he keeps saying, "2 more months! Just 2 more months!" There is a line in "When Harry Met Sally" that comes to mind. It goes something like this, "When you finally find the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, you want the rest of your life to start right now." I know we've been feeling that a lot lately. All the traveling back and forth....All the great movies we would like to see together but can't because of timing, all the visits that seem way too short...All the nights spent on the phone telling each other how we wish we were in the same room together. Anyway, I am just missing him extra today knowing he is sooo far away. Speaking of that though, I am excited for him and Carter to get to have this special time together at Discovery Cove! They are going to have such an awesome time!! Carter loves animals, and one of the things they will get to do is swim with dolphins! Dolphins are Lance's favorite animal, and I know he has been dreaming of doing this for a long time. Also, Lance had such a stressful week last week, and I am hoping he can get some R&R in and feel renewed when he comes back. (Although, I also wonder about this because I know Lance mainly needs his "quiet, alone time" in order to recharge, and might be hard when he is having a busy week, even if the business is fun stuff.)

Today, Lance's mom and his sister Dena came to look at the church and the reception place to decide on some decorations and other wedding planning things. It was so nice just having them here to visit. The time really went fast. The wedding is getting close, but it feels like I have no planning to do right now, but I know that week before the wedding, despite all the planning, is going to be INSANE! I'm not good at "insane" I'm not the kind of person who can multi-task, and I get stressed if I have too much on my plate. I have been trying hard to do as much as I can now, so that I am less stressed then. You know, not leaving anything to the last minute, but it just dawned on me today, that it doesn't matter how much I plan because all the stuff has to be brought together those last couple of weeks before the wedding! My tummy is going to be a mess!! This is where I put my stress. If Lance read this he would say, "See! I told you we should have Elvis marry us!' LOL! I just laugh at him! I could not do that for the "real" wedding. (I told him for a ten year anniversary or something, that would be fine.) I would be laughing through the whole thing, and then I wouldn't even feel married afterwards because I would feel like the whole thing was a joke!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Oh yeah! If God ever grants me the chance to meet Mr Right - you will never see it happen as I'll be in Vegas!!! Don't sweat the details - you're absolutely correct, it will all fall into place!