Friday, June 20, 2008

Lance is back!!

I talked to Lance for the first time since Tuesday just this morning!! It was so great hearing his voice. I had emails while he was gone, but it was just so great hearing his voice! He was waiting to get on the plane and was going on and on about how great the trip was and how he is bringing me there someday...I said, "Cool! I guess I better get on the ball and learn to swim!" LOL I got a message after he landed in Minneapolis, and then I will get to talk to him again tonight...a phone date! =) I missed him, can't you tell?! Can't wait to see him this weekend!

Well, I am not super mom! I know! I know! You're all shocked I'm sure! Go ahead. Pick your jaw off the ground! Kristina's bike tire and tube finally came in the mail today. I had to order it because I could not find a white one in the store. She has a princess bike (of course!) so it has white tires. I went out to try to replace it! First I took off the training wheels. She is ready to learn how to ride a bike for real now. =) I was feeling pretty handy 'cause I quickly assessed that I needed a wrench, and got the little wheels off and I thought I was doing well. Then there were all these other thingies that require a wrench and I just started twisting different ones that looked like they might help remove the bigger wheel that I needed to replace. I removed one screw, and then realized it had nothing to do with the wheel, so I put that one back on. I kept trying different things, but it seemed like a mess of screws and those other thingies, and I was afraid I was going to take too many off and not figure out how to get them back on!! It also seemed that the wheel was really secure in there, and I just couldn't figure out how to get it out of there!! All I was succeeding at was getting really, really dirty! Kristina saw I wasn't getting anywhere, and she all the sudden jumped up and down because she had an idea......."Nathan's mom knows how to replace bike wheels!!!" Then she ran off. Sure enough, Nathan's mom did know how to change the wheel, and turns out I was going the right way, I just hadn't taken enough of those thingies off yet, but I am so glad she was there because I would have probably got all that stuff apart and never been able to get it back together! Finally, Kristina has her bike back, and I won't have to listen to the kids fight over Jakob's bike anymore!! Oh, and did I mention, Nathan's mom used to work construction? In other words, she knows not to call those thingies "thingies." I'll just stick with chocolate chip cookies though, thanks! =)

No comments: