Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Me again....

Well, it has been a while I know! I haven't had too much to write about, and let's face it, the weather has been awesome!!! I am so excited to have warmer weather finally here!!! We have been walking, going to the park, the library, Dairy Queen. (Yeah, I know, I was doing so well with the first few activities as far as exercise goes, and then I go to Dairy Queen, right? I did WALK there..pushing a DOUBLE stroller....Yes, with BOTH kids in there! And I even shared my ice-cram with Jakob....Am I off the hook yet?)

I never did write about last Friday. Lance and I had planned a whole day together. We rarely get time together, just the two of us, and a whole day?!!!... Well, that's almost unheard of! It was such a blessing to have him to myself for the day!! We were supposed to be able to see the house (I still haven't been able to see it yet) but the old owners were moving out that weekend and so we could not go in. We ran a bunch of errands and had a nice lunch. We registered at one store, and then I felt a little overwhelmed...like I don't know what we all need, so I decided that was good enough for now. I mean without seeing the house AND being color blind, I have no idea how I am going to decorate. I so need help in this department. We also went to a jeweler and had a ring sizer put on my ring. Lance got the right size, or at least the size I told him, but it seems my finger had gone down half a size over the past several years, so now I wear a 3 3/4 instead of a 4 1/4. We will have it sized correctly when we have them soldered. I have the sizer in there because it would just spin and slip so bad. I thought I was going to lose it!!

We also went to a furniture store to try out some furniture. This is something we will need for sure! I have basically nothing except the beds (for those of you who don't know, I am renting a house that is already furnished) so that leaves us with just Lance's stuff. We want to just put his couch and recliner in the basement, and get nicer stuff for the living room. We also need a dining set. Lance has a small round table with four chairs, and we will be a family of five, and if we ever had anyone over to eat, even if we had more chairs, there is no way you would get them to fit around the table. We also spotted a bedroom set we really want! We will be in need of dresser space for sure, and the set was beautiful! We both loved it!

We also went to Best Buy as Lance wanted a new camera (and later, after researching, went back and got a new one) and we looked at T.V.s.....Now how many guys do you know get to use this excuse?..."Honey, we need to get a big-screen because of your eyes, I want to make sure you can fully enjoy the movies with the rest of the family." Now, for those of you who don't know him well, he really was sincere about this. He really is a care-taker, and he's always looking out for me, but you have to admit, it is funny. You know most guys tell their wives, "Hon, I NEED a big-screen for game day!!" Lance actually has a legitimate excuse for getting one.....His soon-to-be wife is almost blind! LOL! I'm sure he hasn't even thought twice about how much HE would like to have a big-screen. I'm sure it is ALL for me! =) Now, if any single guy got wind of this, they'd be like, "Duuuuude! I'm gettin me a blind chick!"

Tomorrow, Lance and I are heading to Ames to go to a Casting Crowns concert!! I am sooo excited! We will be in the third row in section B! I have never been that close at a concert!! The tickets were part of my Christmas present this year! It has been a long four months waiting! After that, we will stay at his parents, and then hang out there in the morning, and come back in the afternoon. It will be quick, but a very nice get-away!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Casting Crowns?!?! I'm freakin jealous!!! I'm sure you'll have a freaking blast! Sounds like you and Lance had a nice, peaceful day! That's good, you deserve it!