The Casting Crowns concert was even better than I expected! The two starting bands were great, and then Casting Crowns was just incredible! I really have a new-found respect for them. I love their music, but before the concert, I really did not know much about them. They are a part of World Vision, which is a missions project that brings water to places like India and Africa where children have to walk miles every day for water, and that is all they do. They don't go to school, or do anything else that you would think children should do. With them digging wells etc, those children can go to school instead of walking miles per day. I do not know much else about World Vision, so I am not endorsing it here or anything. Sounds like a wonderful organization, but I have not done my homework on it yet. Anyway, they actually are INVOLVED in the project. They go and help and do whatever they can. They are also the only Christian band ever to be invited to North Korea. What I thought was really awesome about the concert was just how God-centered it was. These people were so down to earth (They wore jeans and comfy shirts, and they actually look like they get fed regularly.) They prayed several times throughout, but at the end, they all sat down and each of them prayed whatever was on their heart. It was very nice. They also said that they didn't want us to leave feeling like they were a great band. They wanted us to leave feeling closer to God, and I think they accomplished that.....at least for us, anyway. They have such a wonderful ministry going! I can't wait to go again!
After the concert, we headed over to Lance's parents. We had been their for a couple hours before going to the concert, and then we stayed the night that night, and spent the day there on Friday. It was so relaxing, and great to visit with them! I love going to his parents' house. There, I always find 2 things I love....great conversation, and great food!! =)
Jakob has had a nasty cold. It got really bad on Friday, as all of his congestion finally loosened up and it was running out of everywhere!! His eyes were running. His nose was running. He was so miserable! He is much better now though. I just have never seen him have a cold that nasty! I know there is no way I could describe what he was like. I mean it was POURING out of him! He was funny Saturday.....Both of my kids have a sweet tooth, and I really have to keep an eye on this. Jakob asked for a snack, and I told him, "sure, but no sweets." He said, "No Mommy. I don't want sweets! I just want sugar!" =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yep, see there you go rubbing it in our face that you went to Casting Crowns! Haha... I'm glad it turned out awesome!
Post a Comment