Friday, May 2, 2008

Winding down...

Well, things are definitely winding down for the year. This week was the last KidZone (our church's Wednesday night program for kids). Kristina also had her last girl scout meeting. In fact they had a picnic and award ceremony for tonight planned, but it is storming here (nothing too bad) so it was postponed. I only have one more MOPS meeting for the year also. Hmmmm, what will I do with my time...umm, oh, I remember, prepare for a wedding! It is now less than 4 months away! It seems like a long time, but I know it will fly fast. I found someone to make the cake, and she does really wonderful work from what I saw in her pictures. It's a lady who does it out of her home. She recently built an out building to house a bigger kitchen, and it looks awesome! The best part is that she is so reasonably priced. It may be harder to find things in a smaller town (ie: in Cedar Rapids, there are like 80 hotels to put people up in, and here, there are like um 2!)but I have been very pleased on how much cheaper things are here. For instance, the reception spot is LESS THAN HALF of what it would cost in CR!! The caterer is cheaper, and now, the cake is also cheaper. Score! I do have to block some hotel rooms, but not sure how many, and I have to order the tuxes still. Those are the only pressing things right now. I also have to straighten out a few things music-wise. I also want to see about getting some color for the wedding....that is....on my pasty-white skin! I am trying to decide between fake-baking and the spray tan. Has anyone tried the spray tan? I heard it lasts for about three days. By spray tan, I mean where you go to the salon, and they, well, you know, spray you tan.....not one of those home tanning lotions or something like that.

Tomorrow, I am helping out at a homeschool conference all day. It is for homeschooling the high schooler, and they have a couple of really good speakers coming. I am very interested in what there is to learn. I know my kids are only 3 and 6, but they won't be forever! They will be in high school at some point, and I am not quite sure how all the graduation stuff works, as well as college prep and applying for colleges. They are serving a lunch, so I am helping in the kitchen.

Lance has been church shopping for us. He has tried out three so far, and there is one more he wants to try, and then hopefully, we will know where God wants us to be. It would be great if it were that easy anyway. =) The three he has tried so far are a bit different from one another, and so one offers these great things, and then the other offers other great things. Lance says all three of them have had good sermons, and seems like truth is being preached there. I don't do fluffy church very well. Lance and I both like when a pastor doesn't talk fluff, and tries to preach what he (or she) feels we want to hear, instead of speaking truth so we can learn and grow spiritually......Anyway, pray God leads us to the right one. (I suppose we can always change later too, but that is such a pain.)

1 comment:

Kelli said...

My boss just went tanning to prepare for Jamaica... they went to one of the places that does the spray - but it's guaranteed no burn. After about 3 times he looked like he normally does mid-summer. Me, if I could afford to tan would probably do the beds just because they're so darn relaxing!