Well, it has been a nice week so far! The weather has been nice, so we have been out and about a lot. Last Sunday, we went to Lance's nieces' graduation. They are twins. It was neat to see all the young graduates, looking at a new chapter of their life starting. I had felt guilty about not bringing Kristina and Jakob, but it turned out for the best. They would have never been able to sit through that! Kristina would have asked every five seconds, "When are we going to the farm??" (They live on a farm, and Kristina has been asking this question ever since we were there a couple of years ago!) and Jakob, well he would have been gone....My boy is a runner, and he loves to run and hide from people. Anyway, I was sitting there thinking, "I'm going to be an aunt! WOW! That's cool!" I'm 32 and I have no nieces and nephews. I am the oldest, and none of my brothers have kids. My two younger brothers are simply too young for one thing. Now, over night, I will be Aunt Melissa! How cool is that?!
Lance and I got to have a date last night. =) This is awesome because we rarely get to do that anymore. He can only come out here a couple times per week, and one of those times is Sunday, so no date on that day, and then the other day we usually have counseling. This week there was scheduling conflicts for the counseling, so we decided to have a date for the first time in a long time. We got Subway and took out to Smith Lake...A beautiful place just about five miles out of town. We just hung out and talked for about three hours. It was so nice.
Carter had a baseball game on Monday, and about 45 minutes before it was to start, it started thundering and raining. We waited to see if it would stop, and it started to slwo down about 5:40, so I called Laurie to see if the game was still on. She said they hadn't canceled it yet. Since we had to walk there (and it is about a fifteen minute walk) I told her we would wait a little to see if the rain would stop before heading out. At 6:00 it had finally stopped, and Laurie called to say it was on and the kids were warming up. I got the kids loaded in the double stroller and we made the journey over to the park. By the time we got there, I had missed Carter pitching!! I was bummed! He said he did really well. Got some kids out, but then he also hit three kids with the ball, so then he wasn't allowed to pitch again for the rest of the game. I did get to see him hit though, and he did alright there. Next Tuesday, he will get to pitch again. Baseball is Carter's favorite sport to play. =)
Jakob has been telling stories lately. They start out true and then he tries to make them more exciting. He will start telling about his grandma, and then when the story becomes a little out there like, "Grandma likes to give me chocolate for breakfast." or "Grandma speaks Spanish." and he knows these things aren't true, he will say, "This is another grandma, Mommy. You don't know her. She is not Kristina's grandma. She is just my grandma." LOL! It is too cute. I tell him he makes up good stories.
Kristina is excited that we will be moving to an area where she can start doing gymnastics. They don't have gymnastics anywhere close by here, so Kristina had to quit once we moved here. We plan on getting her back in after the wedding and the move. She has been stretching and practicing her backward rolls and her cartwheels, and her hand stands. She is so looking forward to getting back in class!
This past Monday we read "Green Eggs and Ham" so I thought it would be fun to make green eggs and ham. Kristina loved it. Jakob was a little more hesitant to try the green eggs, but once he tried them, he thought it was fun too. The only thing is that Kristina wants this every day. Yesterday she made coral eggs and ham...at least that's what she said the color was. I'm color blind, so I have no idea. All I know is they were pretty bright looking!
We have started a reading chain where Kristina reads a book, and then she writes the name of the book and the author on a strip of construction paper. Then she links it. You know, those paper chains we all made in kindergarten? Anyway, she is so excited about this that she read seven books yesterday! She still needs help reading, but she is getting so much better, and she can make it through a whole book now without getting quite so frustrated about not being perfect at it. Once she gets to 20 links, she gets a special outing with Mommy, just the two of us.
Tomorrow, we are going over to Mason City to stay the weekend with Lance. This weekend is band fest. Kristina is going to just love it!! We will also get to finally see the new house! We are also going to try out one of the churches Lance has tried out. He has visited four different ones, so we are going to visit the one we have the most questions about to see if some of those questions could be answered for us. I just ask God leads us to a good church.
Well, I think that's enough random thoughts for one day, don't you? =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Just so you know, Nate was asking us several times on Sunday, WHEN oh WHEN would it ok for him to call you, "Aunt Melissa"?! lol I think he's excited, too! :)
Post a Comment