Well, we finally unpacked Jakob's T-ball set that he got for Christmas! He was so excited! It is one of those that grows with them. It is for T-ball first, and then it can be used to pop the ball straight up in the air from the T for them to hit it, and then it can be adjusted so that later, it can pitch the balls to him. So, I put the thing together...didn't read the directions....just looked at the pictures....I had a couple of screws left over....hope that's ok. =) I told Jakob to get his shoes on because we were going to play. He runs to get his shoes, and I go outside to set the thing up someplace. He comes out wearing a baseball T-shirt, a pair of jeans shorts (ok so far, right?) and a pair of cowboy boots! Told him that maybe cowboy boots weren't the best for running in, but he insisted, so we played a little, and then he decided he wanted to change his shoes after all. See mommies are right sometimes. He was hilarious! You'd think he had never seen the game before! He hits the ball ok, but we tried so so so hard to teach him how to run to bases, but it never failed, every single time he hit the ball, he ran after the ball, and if Kristina got the ball before he did, he would tackle her for it! LOL! We recently watched that movie "Rookie of the Year" where the boy gets the broken arm and then afterwards his arm is really strong and so he goes and plays for the Cubs. Well, wouldn't you know it, the only thing Jakob remembers from the movie is when the kid is on base making fun of the pitcher saying, "Pitcher's got a big butt! Pitcher's got a big butt!" So, of course when it was Jakob's turn to go outfield, he would just stand there saying that over and over again!
A couple days ago, Lance was out there throwing the football with the kids, and after a while, he let the kids just play catch with one another, and Jakob said to Kristina, "Come on! We can be a team!" Kristina said, "No! I'm my own team!" Lance said, "You know, Jakob is always so excited to be a part of a team. Kristina, she IS the team" It is funny how different they are, and neat to see them grow. Kristina likes to be in charge...ok, she's bossy, but she is getting better. =) She also is very competitive. If they race, Kristina will announce, "I win! I'm first!!" Then Jakob will say, just as excited, "I'm second!! YAY! I'm second! Mommy, I'm second!" Kristina gets annoyed by this because it takes away from her winner status somehow, so once she said, "Jakob there are 2 of us, so if I am first, that makes you last!" He said, "So, I'm still second!" and the smile doesn't even leave his face.
Lance got the house yesterday! YAY! Next week, I actually get to see it finally! =) He was running around all day doing different things for the house....including getting that large screen TV he wanted. (They were clearancing them out so now was the time to get it)
Well, my son just announced that his pee-pee is "HUMONGOUS!" I said, "Good Honey!" hmmm, what does one say? Gotta love potty-training boys! He is doing quite well now, by the way. That Hawkeye uniform thing is really helping. =) He asks me all kinds of questions now that he is more aware of himself, like, "Is that where my poop waits until it is time to come out?" Talking about his scrotum, and "I like my pee-pee. It grows. That's so cool!....Hey mommy, why does it grow?" And, on that note, I will go and have movie time with the kids. We're watching "Air Buddies" right now, and we finished "The Wizard of OZ" earlier. They had never seen it, and Kristina has been begging me. Jakob mostly played computer games during it. ( i was worried he would get scared.) Anyway....more later....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'd love to be a fly on the walls at your house somedays! Your stories of the kids crack me up!!
Post a Comment