Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas number 3

Hi all! I will have to come on again later and post pictures of all of our Christmas adventures for 2008, but right now, I just wanted to type a quick note. I am kinda short on time today. Kristina still has to do reading and writing today, and the house needs some TLC.

Well, we left right after Lance got off work Friday for my parents house. Laurie had dropped Carter off at Lance's store, so we grabbed a quick bowl of cereal. (I hadn't planned on eating before we left, but we decided it was maybe best since Jakob can't have a lot of stuff when it comes to fast food.)

Once we got to my parents house, we had snack food....veggies and dip and cookies etc.... Then we had Carter open his birthday presents. Probably birthday number 5 for him. =) I think he said it was his 5th Christmas. He got some farm stuff....You know, like a model house and barn and tractors and stuff....It was stuff he had asked for.

Next we all opened our stockings, and then it was off to bed. I slept crappy because I had developed some issues with my back and neck, and I just couldn't find a comfortable position. Lance and I were both up t 6:00 the next morning, but we just laid there and talked, "thinking" about getting up. Finally, I got up about 6:45 and got in the shower....Then got the kids ready.....Then waited until everyone else was ready....AND then FINALLY, we opened presents, which was a lot of fun. The kids made out like bandits! Lance and I did too, actually. I got a few pairs of jeans. I needed them as I only had 2 pair left, and they were starting to look pretty shabby. I also got some wonderful sweaters, and a couple of sweat suits....I never get that kind of stuff for myself, but as a stay at home mom, I need those kind of clothes....Also lets me get my workout in whenever I can, without having to change. (Yes, I realize that sounds lazy!)

We had a wonderful dinner, with roast beef, AWESOME cheesy potatoes (Thanks Paula Deen! I love her!) and veggies, and croissant rolls, and baked beans.

Then Lance and I were just zonked!! The kids were all playing with their new things, so Lance and I snuck downstairs for a nap. We slept for 2 hours! I needed it so bad! I slept so hard!

Then we got up and were off to Newhall to visit family friends of ours, Diana and Dave. Diana and my mom have been friends since seventh grade, although they have known each other since kindergarten. I love going there, and we go every year for food and playing games. Usually we do this on New Years, and my parents did get together with them on New Years at my parents house (They trade off every-other-year.) We all ended up spending the night because it got icy outside. It was kind of fun having a big slumber party over there like that. Dave made us all breakfast, and he also made this soy banana smoothy thing that was really good! We hung out for a little while after that and then went back to my parents as the roads were fine by that time. We quickly packed as much as we could in the tiny car we have, and headed back home. Then Carter had to be taken home shortly after that. It was a really great weekend, even if it was quite fast.

No comments: