Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas...

So, last Sunday, we were snowed in and church was canceled, so Lance told the kids, "it's Christmas morning!" We ate a little breakfast and then crowded around the Christmas tree to open presents. After that we all sat around admiring our own, as well as each other's gifts. and we basically were lazy the rest of the day. =)

Monday-Wednesday, I baked cookies, did Laundry, packed and practiced. Kristina talked me into not making her do school work since all the other kids were out of school. =) She is now working on me for next week also, but I don't think I am going for that. It's not like her work takes that long, and I don't want her to fall behind in reading or math. I think I will just have her do math and reading, and skip History and writing for one more week.

Anyway, Wednesday, we went to church, and it was a very fun service, with lots of musical acts. The kids did a really funny performance with the 12 Days of Christmas. I was kind of surprised the Pastor did not give a message, but there was plenty of carols etc. sung. My singing went fine, and Carter did an awesome job with his piano piece! Not even one mistake. =)

Next we were off for Ogden, where Lance's parents live. We stayed up kinda late talking and snacking a bit. The kids all slept on the floor in sleeping bags in the basement. Well, all the boys did Kristina, the little Princess, slept on the twin bed down there. =) Lance was like, "i am not surprised she got the bed." It was nice getting to sit and chat with Lance's parents and his sister Debi, and her husband Steve.

The kids woke up way too stinking early the next morning! Steve told them to be quiet once....Then Lance went out and told them to be quiet. That lasted a little while. Then Kristina started singing Christmas carols in bed. Then Nate went upstairs, and Grandpa told him he couldn't come up until 7. So, then you could hear them telling each other every few minutes how much time it was until 7:00! =) Too cute! We had a lazy morning. You know, slow to get up, slow to drink coffee, slow to shower and do the whole hair thing. =)

Finally, the rest of the family showed up, and we had an awesome time laughing, talking, and of course, eating! Oh my gosh! The food was so good, and there was so much to choose from! The ham and turkey were just soooooo good! I was so full, I never did get a piece of pie!

Then there was gift opening, picture taking, and more visiting. Unfortunately, all came to end too soon because the weather turned bad, and we had to leave around 3:00. Bummer!

We had such a wonderful time, and it just went way too fast!!!!!!

Carter went home this morning....Well, I guess it was almost 11:30. They are going to have their family Christmas today. We get him again next Friday.

We have one more Christmas to go. We will be going to my parents next weekend for the weekend!

No comments: