Well, the reason I haven't written in a while is partially because I haven't had anything that spectacular to share, and because I was taking a little break from the computer. Between my email, Facebook, the blogs I follow, and the forums I follow, I spend way too much time on the computer. while all these things are great, it seems I spend so much time just to go through everything, and that doesn't include my input on any of these things. This is just to be able to read through everything. Anyway, I am trying to streamline all of this.
Christmas is this week! =) Wednesday, Carter and I are both performing at church. I will be singing "O Holy Night" and Carter is going to play a piece on piano. Kristina and Jakob are also doing a little number as well (with the other kids). They are basically doing somewhat of a variety show, so it will be neat to see all the different acts. As I sing, there is going to be a beautiful flag routine going on with the music. Anyway, it will be fun to sing something classical again. My kids are tired of me singing it though. LOL! Jakob says, "Stop singing so woudwy (loudly)Mama! You're giving me a a heckache! (headache)"
Then after church, we are heading directly to Lance's parents house to spend the night. I look forward to the sleepover. I know Lance's sister, Debi, and her family will be there too.....and not sure of the others, but I'm pretty sure we probably won't be going to bed right away. =) Then we'll be up early-ish the next morning so we all can get our coffee. Then we will spend the day with all of Lance's family. He has three sisters, so all of them and their families will be there as well. It will be a lot of fun, I know. They are a family who really have fun and laugh a lot. I love a house full of people and lots of noise. =) I'm looking forward to the 100 grandchildren my son is going to have. (If you have no idea what I am talking about, Look at Jakob's description on the side of the blog.)
Oh, just as a tangent.....Kristina, who was going to have three children when she grew up (She's been saying so for a few years now anyway) is no longer going to have any! Why, you may ask.....Because she doesn't want her tummy to look like mine!!! Can you believe her????!!!! Lance came to my defense though. He told her it was a beautiful thing because it showed that I had been blessed with the two of them. Awwwww! Don't I have a sweet husband? =)
Anyway, back to Christmas and stuff.....
Carter's birthday is on Christmas Eve, so since we have tons planned already, we will probably let him open his present tomorrow, and I am on my way up to bake him a cake. I am making gluten free German Chocolate cake. Actually, it is the same gluten free chocolate cake I have been making, but I am just putting on the coconut pecan frosting on top.
Oh, another tangent......Did you know that German Chocolate cake was named after Samuel German, and the cake is not really from Germany? See, I always wondered because I never saw a German chocolate cake in Germany ever, and I thought it would be strange to have originated from there since they don't grow coconuts. Anyway, riddle solved, and now you know too! Aren't you happy?
Anyway, Lance had mentioned that maybe we would open all our presents tomorrow because that way we won't have to rush on Christmas day once we get back from his parents. We're going to talk to the kids and see what they think. Hmmmmm. What do you think they'll say? We don't do Santa at our house, so we don't have to worry about that. (Actually, we do have a present or two under the tree saying they are from Santa, but basically the kids know the truth.)
Oh, and I got an adorable nativity set for the kids to play with. It sits under the tree. They LOVE playing with it. Kristina likes it if you read the story and then she acts it out while you read. Fun times at the Naths! =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment