Monday, January 19, 2009

A Picture of Health

Well, the doc was out this morning when I left a message about needing my test results for my Thyroid. The nurse called me back a while later and told me that my thyroid is normal. Anything from 0-5 is normal, and I am a 2.4. She then went on to say how my blood work was all good and that I was "a picture of health." Um, sure, ok. I have dizzy spells, shakiness, times when my heart races, digestive issues, including constipation....but I'm a picture of health.

Well, I went to the chiro and shared this news with him as well as the attack I had after my appointment with him on Friday. He asked a series of questions, and told me it was hormonal...adrenal issues. Then he asked about whether or not I was on the pill. I told him no, but I was for a short time, and then I went off of it about a month ago or so, and then it hit me almost as soon as he answered me. My hormones are likely out of wack causing adrenal/thyroid-like issues. He said they could be balanced through supplemental treatment. He said he would need to do more tests (blood tests/saliva test) to determine exactly what nutritional plan to put me on, but that it can be corrected, without hormone treatments.

Anyway, of course we don't know if this is really the case with how I am feeling, but it sure makes sense! I got on the pill a month before we got married. I only needed to be on it for a couple of months, but I continued after that until December. The last month I was on it, I think I really screwed myself up because I missed a day here and one there. I was really just finishing up the pack so I could be done with them. I didn't really need to be on it anymore.

I have no idea why I didn't think of this sooner as a possible cause, but at least it is easily treated. He told me I need to take B vitamins and vitamin C. Laurie had already told me this, so I have started this, and it already is helping.

Wednesday, I will go for Quantum Biofeedback. They will be able to tell what in my body is not working and what my body is needing in nutrients so it can heal itself. Here is a link that explains what quantum biofeedback is.
http://www.quantum-biofeedback.net/how.html
I also thought reading the "frequently asked questions" on this site helpful. I will tell more about my experience after I go on Wednesday.

Also on that day we will find out what is upsetting Kristina's tummy all the time. She is seeing a different doc for this. I was thinking that possibly after we remove from her diet what she is allergic to, perhaps she will be a little less stressed and high-strung. She has had two anxiety attacks so far in the last 2 weeks! I can't remember what she stressed about the first time. She came and said her heart was beating fast. I then had her watch a movie and that calmed her down, and she was fine again. Then today, I had lit a candle in a warmer thingy to roast marshmallows. She thought it sounded fun until the candle was lit. I had forgotten that she has anxiety over fire, and always gets panicky when I light a candle. She kept asking me if she could blow the candle out now and if I was done yet. I told her she needed to trust that Mommy knows what she is doing. She went and sat down at the table and a little while later she said her heart was racing. I had her go draw because this always calms her down fast, but she came and showed me what she drew and she drew me roasting marshmallows....so, you know, that didn't work too well. So I made her watch TV. LOL! I didn't know what else to do. I also finished the marshmallow and told her that I had blown out the candle. She was calm again in a few minutes. Anyway, I am hoping that if we remove foods that she is allergic too, that will just remove one more stress on her body and she may be able to cope better. She is just so intense.

Anyway...that's all for now! =)

No comments: