Monday, March 24, 2008

We're Back!

We got back from my parents' house last night. We had a lot of fun doing wedding shopping, and Saturday, we finally had some real success with it. All week I kept wondering if I was going to find the right dress! The one I had loved and had picked out was going to take 6 months to order!! UGH! I only have 5 months until the wedding, so that wasn't going to work. I was having trouble finding the one that felt just so....You know, like, 'yep! That's the one!" I also was feeling like the only petite bride who ever lived!! My mom even started thinking about me trying on some flower girl dresses!!! Yes, she was serious! I had tried on a few here in Algona and found a few I actually liked, but still not sure if I had really found "the one." We went to David's Bridal which has a lot of dresses, and I thought, "If I can't find one here, I won't find one anywhere!" The place is huge!! I tried on several and found one I truly loved, but it didn't come in petite and if they were to alter it, it would take about 7 inches of detail off the bottom! I left feeling a little discouraged and tired of trying things on, but they had me make another appointment. I looked for dresses in their catalogue that didn't have detailing on the bottom so it could easily be altered. I picked out 4 more to try on....All of them simple. I also had thought that a lot of the dresses I had tried were simply too much "stuff" for my smaller frame and they were overwhelming me. Well, I found "the one" in the 4 I had selected, and I would post a pic except if Lance were to happen to check my blog....well, you know... =) It is so unique and I can't wait to put it on again! It was just very flattering on my small frame (something I wasn't finding.) They only had it in ivory, so they had to order it in white for me.

We also shopped for other things for the wedding also. I am using red ball candles on black candle holders for the centerpieces, and we bought out the supply at both Michaels and Hobby Lobby, and will have to go back for more later. Oh, one thing....I got my veil and tiara for about 20.00 at Hobby lobby and they would have cost me together almost 300.00 at the bridal shop!! Can you believe that??? CRAZY!!

I also got Lance his ring! It is very plain, (something he requested) but does have some detail on it, so it isn't TOO plain. =)

Lance came to my parents' yesterday for Easter. We went to my old church, which was so great! They had a fabulous service, and I saw some old friends, which was also great. It was really cute when we walked in. The greeter greeted all of us, and Jakob said good morning to the man , and then he added, "YES! This is my favorite church!!!" He had just realized where we were. They have an AWESOME children's ministry at that church! I hope while Lance and I are shopping for new churches (As we will not be living near enough to Algon to continue here.) I hope we can find something similar to that church. Lance and Carter tried out am E-Free church a week ago and they both really liked it, and I have checked out their website and looks like I agree with their doctrine, and they have some good things going on for additional fellowship and learning for both the kids and the adults....Oh, and Carter REALLY likes the ceiling! This is important of course in deciding on a church home. Lance says I will really love the music...This is my passion...Music, and it is so important for me to go to a church with good music opportunities, since this is my favorite way to worship and praise God. I feel and express a lot through music.

Lance is going to look at a couple more homes in Mason City tomorrow for us, and then he will head on over here as we have another meeting with the pastor. We had to fill out a huge packet of really personal questions, so I suppose we will then go over that tomorrow night.

Well, Jakob would really like to get on this computer and play "Jump Start Pre-K" so I will sign off for now. =)

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Is there a link to your dress that you can email out to those of us... whose name isn't Lance ;) hehe

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! what exciting time - relax and enjoy!