Monday, March 31, 2008

Taking a break

Well, Jakob is napping and Kristina is watching her favorite show. I approve of this one as part of her learning as it is totally about logical problem solving...math...science. It is slightly above her head right now, but I figure exposure is good. Anyway, this means I am free for about a half hour! =)
Saturday night, Lance Carter and I went to a movie at church (K and J went to the nursery). It's called "Flywheel" and is done by the same people who did "Facing the Giants" It actually came out before "Facing the Giants." It just was released with better sound etc..."Director's Cut." Like "Facing The Giants" it carries such an awesome message about trusting ALL to God, and how ALL things are possible through Him!! It shows that when we seek Him, he will do a radical work in our hearts and in our lives! I LOVE their films!!! It was wonderful, and one we will definitely own! They also have a new one coming out in the fall that looks SOOOO good! I can not wait. If you have no idea about "Facing The Giants" or any of their other films, I truly recommend renting them! Grab the Kleenex too! Don't worry though, you will also laugh a lot too! =) Here are some links if you want to read more and watch a clip.
For Flywheel:
http://flywheelthemovie.com/
For "Facing The Giants"
http://www.facingthegiants.com/
For "Fireproof"
http://www.fireproofthemovie.com/
Sunday, we went to church, and then just hung our here playing games and watching a movie. Carter challenged me to a game of Twister, and we ended up calling a truce because evidently we both really rock at Twister. =) It was like the game that would never end. Poor Kristina is so tiny that she would always loose early on as she could barely reach from one side to the other. Then, we were playing this game called What's Gnu, which is a word game. You have 2 tiles that are revealed at the beginning of each turn, and then all these cards with random letters on them (each card has just one letter) and you have to build 3-letter words. The first person to shout out a word, gets that card, and the person with the most cards at the end, wins. We played teams. Lance and Kristina on one team and Carter and I on the other. Well, folks, my fiance is a cheat.!!! He was taking cards from me during the game without me knowing! At the end when they had 19 cards, and I only had 14, I was surprised because Carter and I were really rockin. Well, guilt got to Lance, and he gave me back 4 cards that he had taken, and was laughing. Carter scolded him for doing that because I am blind and couldn't see what he was doing, and Lance teased him about NOT being blind so what was his excuse for not noticing him cheating! Anyway, it was a fun time.
Lance and Carter checked out a couple of homes on Saturday that really looked good. We will see. It looks like he has been mostly looking in the Mason City area lately. I can't wait to see where we will finally end up. =)
Well, Kristina's show is almost over, and we still need to do her math today. We were gone this morning, so we didn't get started on the school work until 11, but she was focused, and got a lot done at that time, and so now she only has her math left. She is talking about learning Spanish, but still wants to learn German too. Spanish would make a whole heck of a lot more sense to learn than German, but originally, she only wanted to learn German (like mommy) so she could speak German the next time we went to Germany. Lance and I discussed the possibility of the kids learning Spanish due to the usefulness of it, and I brought it up to K, and she loves the idea, but does not want to give up German. She wants to do both. She is so analytical, she probably could do it, and since children don't learn languages like older children or adults do, now is the time to start. She used to speak Vietnamese when she was a toddler. Hilarious!! We changed babysitters after Jakob was born, and she had nobody to talk to in Vietnamese after that, and so she no longer can of course, but really, it is amazing what they can learn at such a young age! Wow I am gabby today! I need to go see some people or something, huh? LOL!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

sounds like you had a good weekend! I hadn't had a chance to say Thank you for the comment about the Sueppel family... you always have some of the kindest words!!