Well, yesterday, I found out while helping Kristina with some homework, that she has cut her hair!! Now, I would think at her age that she would know better, but I guess not. She has one chunk in the front (about 2 inches worth) that is chin length and the rest is shoulder length! Her hair grows so slowly and we have been trying to let it grow out for a long time now! UGH! We had cut it to her chin last summer to allow her bangs to grow out and catch up to the rest of her hair. Now we have to go through the evening out process again.
Just to share a couple of those little things that kids say....This past week when we were at my parents, we had a couple of funnies. First, my mom and I were often found chatting over wedding details etc, so one of these times, Jakob came in my mom's room and saw us talking...AGAIN! He actually rolled his eyes, and said, "All you do is bla bla bla!" And then he turned around and walked back out. LOL! I have no idea where he even learned to say that, much less learned the attitude of being annoyed at two women talking. =)
Then on Sunday , after the kids had hunted eggs, they wanted to hide them for each of us adults. While they were hiding them from my father, we overheard Kristina say, "Let's hide this one here! Papa will NEVER find it! He's OLD!!" LOL!
I guess I never updated my blog with this fact....My phone actually dried up and was working as good as ever the very next day after Jakob put it in the water. =) What is really neat is that Kristina and Jakob prayed that God would restore the phone, and so of course, they believe their prayers were answered. =) I love it when they realize their prayers have been answered. Kristina prayed every night for a long time for God to send her a daddy, and now she realizes that God has answered that by sending Lance. She realizes, of course, that Lance and I getting married is what will make him her daddy, so after we say "I do" is when she will be allowed to call him "daddy."
Last night Lance and I had another pre-marital counseling session. The whole time was spent on divorce, since Lance has been divorced. I spent the whole time worrying that our pastor wasn't going to marry us because he kept saying things like if you don't have grounds for the divorce (biblical grounds) then there is no grounds for remarriage. Then I kept thinking, "Well, this is the same pastor who married Laurie to her new husband, so....." But, in the end, he said he would marry us because he feels that people can repent, and then they can start over again. Oh, but yuck! He talked a lot about how their marriage shouldn't have broken up and that it could have been saved had they had the proper biblical teaching etc. Very uncomfortable to hear when you're the soon-to-be second wife! I don't like to be put in a position of having to imagine MY Lance with anybody else! I mean,I know I am not the first and he is not my first love, but I don't want to have to imagine things in such detail...Know what I mean....Especially when it is being said over and over that he should still be with that someone else.....and not me. At any rate....He did say he would marry us, and feels that we obviously have grown a lot spiritually and learned from our sins. He wanted us to make sure we taught our kids that divorce is not allowed and neither is having children out of wed-lock. I told him Kristina already KNOWS! That little thing used to bring it up a lot! "Mom! You know, you are not allowed to have kids unless you are married!!" Finally, she stopped "scolding" me after I explained to her that what I did was a big bad sin, and I repented and also went through a great deal of pain because of my choices, and God is such a loving God and has graciously forgiven me. Anyway, next time we have an appointment with our pastor, we get to talk about the future and about a biblical marriage etc...instead of the past. Whew! It was fun after we were done with our meeting last night, as Lance and our pastor got into a huge philosophical discussion about creation and God's sovereignty, and free will etc. Lance just eats that kind of discussion up! And, so does our pastor. I sometimes get brain cramps from it though. I really am ok not knowing everything. LOL! Sometimes when people are arguing what is the truth about some of those mysteries in the Bible, I imagine God up there saying that line that we all know from "A Few Good men" ..."You can't HANDLE the truth!" =) It was fun following their conversation though. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
WELLLLLLLLLL----guess enough said!When T read it, he shook his head and started in-I then said 'what else did the box say' and he smiled and said 'the box said "shut up T---". We are so glad that you both have the faith to get through this and know what your future holds - NOT yesterday.
No human being wears 'sandals'.....
wow...I gotta say I am so glad we didn't have premarital counseling. We probably should have, but if they all get that "uncomfortable" in parts, noooo thank you.
Glad the "worst" is over for you both and that you survived. LOL
Post a Comment