Well, it has been so long since my last post!!! I was getting in trouble, so I finally had to update it. We are now settled in our new home and our new lives. It is busy around here with school and cleaning and cooking and cleaning.......Then there has been the unpacking and organizing. Not easy moving 2 households into one house! Lance has decided I have too much stuff, and I have decided that he has too much stuff too! =) I'm sure we could get rid of some more toys, and we still need to go through the storage room, which has a lot of room, but it is not at all organized right now, so stuff is just everywhere. Somethings I have no idea what to do with! (Yes, I just ended a sentence with a preposition...get over it!) =)
Lance has been making me stay awake and watch these James Bond movies all week, and now I am sooooo tired. It is after midnight before we get to go to bed. OK, I lied....he hasn't been making me. I have never seen the Bond movies, and I actually like them. I'm surprised.
The kids are enjoying having a daddy now, and Kristina very quickly started calling him "Daddy" whereas Jakob is about half and half...sometimes "Daddy" and sometimes "Wance." Kristina has 2 little friends right next door, and they have just been hooked at the hip since we moved in. Natalie is 6, and could pass as Kristina's sister, and then Rachel is 3. They are both so adorable, and have these little squeaky voices that just make you want to giggle. Rachel just follows Natalie around wherever and Natalie doesn't even care. I swear they never fight! It is odd, don't you think? Wish I could get my kids to pick up on that behavior!
We love our new church. We really like the way the pastor just says it like it is, and not to mention, he and his wife are just great fun. Kristina has found her outlets there as well. During praise and worship time, kids can go up and draw or paint what they feel God is placing on their hearts to draw, or they can go waive flags around or dance. They encourage them to express themselves during this time, and since Kristina is a little performer, she really gets into this. Last Sunday, after she waived her flag around and dance, she drew a picture, and then she had to go up and tell the congregation what it meant. She was wearing her tiara (to her Daddy's embarrassment...He's just such a boy! He doesn't understand that we princesses need our crowns!) She went up and very confidently spoke her name into the microphone, and the pastor said, "Now, this child is going to make herself known in this church!' =) She does have that way. She drew a picture of the gates of Heaven, and then someone dead under ground, and the angels were there to take him to Heaven. She had rain in the picture, and she said it represented death. She did well at explaining her picture and answering all of the pastors questions. I was proud of her. Drawing and painting are two of Kristina's strengths, and is a GREAT tool for calming her down and helping her express herself.
We have Carter this weekend. We are leaving tomorrow night to head to my parents' house, and then Saturday morning, Lance and Carter are going to the Hawkeye homecoming game in Iowa City. We will come back Saturday night, so we can go to church here Sunday morning.
Well, I have to get Kristina back on track with her school work, so I will sign off for now. I will also try harder to keep everyone posted with our day to day stuff around here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Well all I can say is it's about time girl! I thought we were going to have to come tear you love birds apart long enough so we could at least get an update!
Love the pictures!
Ditto, Dena! :) LOL I'm so glad you got this up -- it's great to hear from you guys again!!!! :)
Post a Comment