Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Sorry for the delay in writing!!

Well, hello again! I have been busy with wedding and family stuff the past week, so have not sat down to write. I am currently still at my parents until this weekend. Last weekend was my bridal shower. Lance came and got me and the kids Thursday night, and we spent the night at the new house. It was nice to get to see it again. It was my first time seeing it since before the flood. Lance's dad has really done a lot of work down there and it is looking really nice! The tile people have been there, and most of the tile has been laid, and they will finish that up and do grouting in next couple days, and then the first of next week, they will come and seal it all. Then we can start moving furniture back down there, and get Carter's room all done.

Well, Friday, Lance left around 11:00 to go play golf with some friends, and then my brother came and got us around 2:00 to come back to my moms. My My two close friends from college came in that evening. Jamie, who is my maid of honor, and my best friend since my freshman year of college, came in from KC, and then our friend, Laurel, another one of my close friends, came in from Omaha. We had not all been in the same room together for sooooo many years! I think we figured it was Spring of 1999, although I have seen Jamie and Laurel separately, on different occasions, the three of us, all together, had not been together for that long! We have decided that we need to get together at least once a year from here on out!

That Friday night, we stayed up until 3:00 AM! Then we got up and went to CR for my dress fitting at 10:00! We were tired, but still just enjoying time together. The dress fits great, and so I got to take it home! YEAH! Then we got to eat at Panera Bread, one of my most favorite places to eat, and they don't have one in Algona or Mason City, so I am deprived. =)

That afternoon, my mom and I (with Kristina) went shopping etc, and waited for the party to start. We arrived at the party, and it was just such an awesome time! So many people who I have grown up with, from my mom's friend since kindergarten and her daughters, to friends from high school and college, and past work etc.... One of my best friends from high school, Rita, could not be there (and also won't be at the wedding) as she is in Russia, but her mother was there, and so there was lots of laughs remembering good old times....Like the fact that I practically lived at their house, having my own dresser drawers, toothbrush, etc, and her mom was telling everyone how LOUD we always were with our giggling! =) I still laugh loud! =) Then she said how much she missed all that noise when we went off to college. =) It was great fun with food and games and a lot of reminiscing. I also got a lot of nice things for our new home! =) After everyone left, Laurel, Jamie and I went up to our hotel room, and stayed up to 3:00 AM AGAIN talking and laughing. Poor Laurel! She had to ge up at 5:00 AM and head back to Omaha because she is the church organist, and had to be there at 10:45!

So far this week, I am trying to iron out wedding details, so that I can hopefully get everything to run as smoothly as possible that week, and the day of! The RSVPs are coming in, which is exciting. I am so glad people are responding so that we can get an idea on numbers (and if I have to panic about seating or not..ha!) Tonight my mom and I have to go through our "checklists" and cross things off, and then make new lists. LOL!

So, that's what has been going on this past week. I will be home again Sunday afternoon.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

So glad to have you back! I'm glad to hear the shower went well, sorry I wasn't able to make it and most likely not to your wedding. I'll look forward to seeing pictures if I can't! Miss ya girl!