Sunday, July 6, 2008

Great Weekend!!

Friday evening, Lance and Carter came over, we had dinner, and then sprayed a gallon of bug spray on us, and then headed to a neighboring town for fireworks. It was nice there because there was so much space. We laid a blanket out in the outfield of a ball diamond and watched them. We had a perfect view.

Then it was home, kids in the tub to wash off horrible bug spray, and then myself, and then in bed late.

We got up early the next morning to get ready to go to my future sister-in-law's house (oh, her husband and kids live there too...lol!) They live on a farm, and every year, the weekend after the fourth, they have sort of a family reunion, or a family day. Lance has three sisters, all of them married and have kids. It is a great, lively bunch, and I can't wait to be part of the family! We had a blast, and I kept saying it needed to be a weekend event, not a day event because it seemed to be over WAY to soon! There was so much for everyone to do, and even some stuff we didn't even get to (like the hot tub). We rode horses, played the wii, did a lot of talking and laughing....etc....The kids got to run in the sprinkler, although it ended soon, as it was a bit too cold for it. The weather was PERFECT! It wasn't too hot or too cool, and it was so sunny, and not even too humid! Perfect! They also have two go-carts that everyone had great fun on, driving crazy. There was also basket ball, badminton, the trampoline, and other outdoor activities. Then there was the food! Great cooks in this family. A person could probably eat for weeks on the amount of food that was there! Very yummy! We grilled our meat (ok, so not "we"...Lance's dad, from what I understand, did most of it). and we had lots of salads and other sides and desserts, and fresh fruit. Anyway, it was so awesome!!!! They are just so much fun and truly love each other and cherish the time spent with one another, and they all have such a great sense of humor! I mean if you are going to be around this family, prepare to be welcomed, and prepare for a ton of laughs!

Anyway, we will all be together again soon for the wedding next month (gulp!) I can hardly believe it is "next month." I am definitely ready to be married, but the event of the wedding......wow! It is a lot to make sure comes together right at the end. Right now, I feel I have done as much of the planning that I can at this point, but really that is harder. At least when I am busy making phone calls, I feel like I am getting something accomplished. When I have to sit in wait for the next series of things I need to do, it makes me a bit stressed. Lance told me though, that I am not the first bride to get through it, so I guess he is right.

Oh, but speaking of the wedding, Lance's mom and his sisters all got me a gift certificate to the place where I get my hair done, so I can have my nails, pedicure, etc.. done for the wedding. =) I was so not expecting it, and it was such a wonderful gift! (Thanks again, girls!) They also gave me a really nice card and all wrote a sentimental note welcoming me to the family. See, I told you they were great! =)

Today, I thought I would never be able to get out of bed. I got up, got ready, made breakfast, and woke everyone else up. Lance and Carter stayed over again, and after breakfast, we went to church, and then to Pizza Ranch. Then Lance and Carter went golfing for some alone bonding time. While they were gone, Jakob took a nap, Kristina went to the neighbor boy's house to color, and I cleaned the house...in peace and quiet! =) Lance and Carter came back for a while, and then they left to go home. =( Lance and I have a date on Tuesday though, and then we have a counseling session again. I will be so glad when we don't have to do all this traveling and waiting days to see each other. I am just glad I only have to wait a couple days this week. Sometimes, I have to wait a whole week.

Well, I hope you all had a great fourth also! I'm headed outside now to help the kids with some sparklers they got from "Aunt Dena" in these cute little loot bags she gave all the kids! They've been out there playing with the poppers and the confetti-spraying-thingies.

No comments: