....And Chocolate frosting! =)
Oh, this is soooo good!! Lance says he doesn't normally like cake, but he likes this because it is sorta between a cake and a brownie.. Be careful when mixing this. When you mix, only mix until the ingredients are all blended. Over mixing causes the gluten free flour to start turning this mixture into a dough-like substance.
Ingredients:
2 C plus 2 TBS of Domata Living Flour (We can get this at Hy-vee in the health food section....or you can order in bulk at Domatalivingflour.com)
2 C sugar
3/4 C cocoa
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
4 large eggs
3/4 C oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 C water
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9 X 13 pan (or you could do 2 8 inch rounds) Stir together the dry ingredients. Add all the wet stuff (the rest of the ingredients) and mix on low just until blended, scraping sides as you go. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for about 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before turning out on wire rack to cool. (i never do this. I just keep in the pan. I guess I'm just not all fancy like that.)
The Frosting:
1 Stick of butter
2/3 C cocoa
3 C powdered sugar
1/3 C milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
Melt butter and place in mixing bowl. Start mixing on medium, add cocoa, add powdered sugar, add milk and vanilla extract. Continue mixing on medium until creamy and spreadable.. You can add more milk if necessary but I never find this necessary. I love this frosting! Yum!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
After smelling it when I was at your house not long ago, this is a recipe I've been waiting for! :)
Post a Comment