I know it has been a long time since my last post. I have had lots to write about, just have lacked the time...or sometimes the desire to sit down and write...so here I am! =) I will break it down for you....
The Adoption Update
My lawyer called this week, and he had, in hand, signed papers from Jon!!!! This means we are free to move forward with the adoption!!! YEAH! We go to court on May 18th, and then literally in a few minutes time, we will be a household with one last name instead of three. =) Not to mention, I feel peace knowing my kids are safer without Jon trying to claim his parental rights and messing with the kids' heads some year down the road.
The Detox Diet Update
Ok, so you know I have had many digestive issue along with my thyroid and adrenal issues. To really bump things along faster, my doctor put me on a detox diet. I will say, I feel much better. It is a 21 day program and it will be over on Monday. It has been hard not to cheat, as you can't have anything but veggies, fruit, rice and now chicken and fish....and all must be organic (which I have fudged on the organic part a bit because of it not being available or whatever.) Anyway, it has been hard to eat like this and then cook something yummy for the family...or like when I make cookies for the kids. I did cheat a cookie...yes I did!I justified it that they had sucanat instead of sugar and gluten free organic flour etc. =)
Well, I lost about 5 1/2 lbs the first two weeks and next weigh in is Tuesday. I have lost inches too, which has been really nice, and I am no longer bloated. It feels like things are working better...not perfect yet, but much better. I'm looking forward to hearing what my doc says this week. =)
The I have Awesome In-Laws Update
Last weekend was an awesome and busy weekend. Lance's parents came down Saturday night to help with a number of things around here. First, Tony got to work putting in my clothes line. He put pole in ground (after digging holes of course) and poured cement also to hold poles secure. He also changed light bulbs and cut down a tree as it was too close to our house and would eventually cause problems to our basement.
Thhe next day, Lance and Tony went golfing in a tournament. They had a great time and even won some money. =) Sandi and I ran errands. The kids and I got hair cuts, bought tons of garden stuff, and then went and got a few groceries. She also treated us to some McDonalds, which I had nothing....see Diet update above. (We had to come home so I could grab a salad.
When Lance and Tony got home, they finished up my clothes line . The Lance and I got to work on our basement. We have a laundry room that is really big and also doubles as a storage room. It was just way too cluttered. So we made two piles...One for going to the dump, and one for going to Good Will. It felt so good to finally get rid of stuff!
On Monday, Sandi and Tony took a trip to the dump and Good will while I taught. Then they got to work on my garden. I also washed clothes and hung them out to dry. =) Tony had a little trouble with the tiller thingy we rented, as he went skipping behind the thing across the yard. He finally figured out after a few times of that, that he had to put something down. Then all went well. I was so happy to get my plants and seeds planted. They also put up a Topsy Turvy for my tomato plant. I'm excited to see how that turns out. We also planted flowers in my barrels and in one of the barrels I planted herbs.
They worked so hard in the few days they were here! I am so thankful to them for helping us get all this done. I have no idea how long it would have taken us to get all this done by ourselves, especially since Lance works so much.
The Dad and Me camp out Update
Lance and Carter have been gone since yesterday afternoon and will be back tonight. They are out at Hidden Acres Christian camp for a Dad and Me Weekend. It is in Dayton Ia. I have gotten a couple of texts so far and know they are having a fabulous time! They are there with Kevin, who was and usher in our wedding, and a close friend of Lance's and Kevin's oldest son, Benjamin.
What I think is kinda cool is this is where I went to camp as a kid, and where I also received Christ. I wonder what has changed in all those years I have been away.
We were a little worried about telling Kristina and Jakob that they might get jealous since they couldn't go (they aren't old enough), but Lance simply explained that they aren't old enough and this is something that he and Carter need to do since they don't see each other very often. Well, Jakob, of course, could care less. He is just so easy going, and not much bothers him. Kristina was upset, but not for the reason we thought she might be...She was upset because Daddy was taking away her Carter time and she wouldn't have very much time to play with Carter since they were going to be away half the weekend. I thought that was interesting. LOL!
Well, that's all for now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yea for May 18th ~ also Jay's birthday :)
Glad to hear the diet is going well for you and I commend you. You are more dedicated than I could be!
I got a topsy turvey as well...I actually got a couple of them. One for cucumbers and one for peppers. I haven't planted them yet though. I need to get on that.
Yay for the adoption news!! I'm so happy for you and the family!
Glad to hear the health situation is getting better for the family!
I'm jealous of your garden and can not wait for the day I have my own!
Post a Comment