Saturday, April 18, 2009

A little late....but here's the update on our KC trip

Well, last weekend we went down to KC to visit Lance's sister and her family, as well as Lance's parents for Easter weekend. We left Friday afternoon, and came back on Monday.

First off, let me tell you how awesome it was riding in our new van! The kids had their movies, and all was well for the long drive.....Until, Jakob drank a ton of water, fell asleep and peed all over himself!! UGH! We found out when we got to our pit stop. I had gone in to take Kristina potty, and Carter came running in "Daddy needs you!!" I ran out and Lance is kinda freaking out, "He peed!! It's all over!!" Poor Jakob, having just woken up, was standing there just bewildered. Then to my surprise, after I got clean clothes out of the back for Jakob, Lance took Jakob to the bathroom and changed him! What a guy! He didn't even hesitate to do so! I had to take the padding off his car seat and then we just put something down to make it a little more comfy for him. Other than that, it was an uneventful trip down there.

Friday evening we got there, had some dinner and had a great time visiting. All the boys slept down stairs except Brennan, my 14-yr-old nephew, who decided he actually wanted to get some sleep, so went to his own room. Kristina was so funny about the whole thing. The idea was that they would all camp out together down stairs as something fun, but not my princess! She was like, "You Know, I need a bed! I'm sleeping in a bed! I don't sleep on the floor!" LOL! 7 yrs old and already high maintenance! I mean, what kid doesn't like sleeping in a sleeping bag? Oh well......She slept up in Nate's room for the weekend.

Saturday was a great day! We had breakfast together...sorta...and then after a while Lance and I went to Hobby Lobby to find things for our bathroom upstairs. I know, he works there and probably not the place he would love to be on vacation, but it was time we got to go, while the kids stayed and played with the cousins. Also, I think secretly Lance wanted to check out someone else's store. It is definitely a lot smaller than his store....oh, and it was funny watching him walk through the store and straighten things up and such. LOL! We did get some nice things for out bathroom though.

The kids just had a blast!! The weather was great on Saturday, and so they could play outside and go to the park etc. In fact, after lunch, we all went to the park and played baseball.....even ME! LOL! No I am not kidding!! I totally could not see the ball, but Debi wanted a video for a competition . You are supposed to have a video of yourself being active with family, and then they are voted on. Whoever wins, gets an elliptical. So, I opened my big mouth, and said, "Wouldn't it be funny if I got out there." Well, after that, Debi wouldn't let that go.....I mean, you know, a blind girl playing baseball is pretty funny! So I got out there, and kept missing the ball...duh....Lance was trying to tell me when to swing, but it wasn't working, so Lance got behind me and helped me hit it.....then they yelled at me to run....I ran, forgot to drop the bat, and then couldn't find the base!! Tony got me out.....surprise! That was the end of my baseball career. I did add the disclaimer that no blind people were hurt in the making of the video though, so it's all good. =)

Later that night, Lance's family blessed us by taking the kids again for us, so we could have a date night!! We had Indian food!!!!! YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!! We both love Indian food! The food was soooo good, and I am not sure why, but there was hardly anybody in there. I don't know if it is because of its location or what because it certainly wasn't because of the food!!

We then headed back to Steve and Debi's house and rounded out the night with some volleyball in the back yard, and then baths for everyone for church in the morning.

The next day, we went to church, then had a very yummy lunch.....Then the guys had to watch golf like ALL DAY!!! We went shopping for a while......then came back.....then went out again, and they were STILL watching golf!!! That night the women got to take over the TV and we watched Extreme Makeover Home Edition.

All in all it was a fabulous trip and went way too fast!! I can't believe how quickly the time went by! They are all so much fun to be with!!

No comments: