Well, I thought I would take the bus to go vote today.....WRONG!!!!! I checked the schedule and map against the address of where I needed to go, and the bus goes NOWHERE even remotely close to that area of the city! WEIRD!! I mean, I love to walk, but it would have taken me FOREVER to get there from the closest stop, wherever that would be. So, I did what any determined voter would do. I stood outside waiting for my neighbor to pull into her driveway, and pleaded my case with her. Actually, Kristina beat me to it. She was like waiving her hand in that manner you do when you want someone to come here, and she said, "Um, we need to vote." LOL! Well, she not only took me to the location to vote, but she kept my kids in the car and entertained them while I went in. YEAH! I was a little disappointed that they didn't have those little "dressing rooms" with the curtains like you see on TV. I have never voted in person before. I have always had to vote absentee for one reason or another. Last time, I was scheduled for a c-section with Jakob, so our whole family voted absentee that time.
Anyway, so no curtains for me, and they asked me that question I get a lot, "Is there something wrong with your eyes?" I told them that lights were bothering my eyes and I was legally blind. Oh Geez! Then the lady had to guide me around by the arm....She even stood behind me and with both hands on my shoulders she was like steering me!! LOL! I was like, Hello! Did you not just see me walk in here unassisted?? Oh well, she means well, and of course I said nothing because she was just trying to be helpful. Oh, and they had a "special" machine for me. You could blow up the ballot on the screen, use braille, and it even had headphones so the ballot was read to me.
So, I'm done, and now I am very nervously watching CNN. This is one scary election! Go McCain! I am not really a huge fan of his, but for me, he is the lesser of the 2 evils. If you know me, you know I have conservative views and I am pro-life. Obama's stance on abortion scares the crap out of me!! Sigh, I honestly wish someone else were in the Republican spot, but everything Obama stands for makes me think this country could be heading in a very scary direction....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment