Well, I thought I would just write some updates from our end....
Last Friday, Lance had the day off, and we were able to just spend the day together. He played with the kids in the morning, and then after lunch, we went shopping for Christmas decorations, then to Target to spend some of Jakob's birthday money. He got this huge pirate ship and then a huge whale to go with it. Then we got him some new dress shoes and some new dress pants.
That night, Lance and I had a date. We went out to Carlos and then to the mall to look around. When we came home, the kids put on a show for us. They had dressed up and then danced to a Disney CD. It was funny! Then it was time for them to go to bed, and Lance and I stayed up and watch Brave Heart, since I had never seen it. It was a fantastic day!
Well, that was the last Friday Lance will have off until February. Next
week, he pretty much works every day open to close, with the exception of Thursday, since it it closed for Thanksgiving. That starts the very busy Christmas season for the Retail world, and then after Christmas there is inventory through the end of January. So, we won't be seeing much of Lance (especially the kids, who will be in bed when he gets home) until February.
This Friday we get Carter. We will go ahead and put up the Christmas tree etc this weekend, since we will all be together
On other matters, I got a call today from my stepmother. I guess my father is in the hospital, and has been since Saturday. He told her he didn't want anyone called because he didn't want anyone to worry. He seems to be doing better now and will hopefully be out by Thursday. He had a biopsy on Friday for his prostate, and everything went well, so he came home. Then on Saturday, he started to get the shakes really bad, and everything in his body seemed to be cramping up.. He was home alone, so he called 911. When they got him to the hospital, his fever did spike to 105.7. What happened was he had a blood infection from the biopsy procedure, and so they called an infections specialist, and he has been on heavy duty antibiotics, and he seems to be out of danger now. He does not have the biopsy results back yet. They said it shouldn't take longer than a week to get them back, so hopefully by Friday, we will know more on that.
Well, I don't want to leave a post on a down note, so I will tell you about the crazy driver of our bus yesterday afternoon. I do believe it was her first day, and I don't know if she has ever been to the SW side of town. Now, let me explain that this bus is one for people with disabilities.....people who can not drive for one reason or another. She asked me my address, and I told her, and I also told her that it was the neighborhood behind Willowbrook Mall. EVERYONE I have ever said that to has said, "Oh, I know exactly where you are." Not this lady.....She said, "So, you go down Peirce normally?" I said, "Uh, maybe. I don't drive, so I am not sure, but that sounds familiar." She was driving and kept asking me questions. I was getting frustrated wondering if I would ever make it home! Jakob even tried to help me out, "Uh, my mommy can't see because she's blind! Her knows nothing!" LOL! Then the Lady asks, "Are we getting close to your apartments now?" I'm like, "I don't live in an apartment or even next to apartments."....sigh...... Then Jakob saw the McDonalds! YEAH! I know where I am!! I told her the directions from there. She said, 'So I go south at McDonalds?" (Uhhhhhhh......calculate....calculate....I know my house faces south....um...) "yes, you turn south." Geesh, I don't know much about north south etc. I operate on left, right straight etc. Then I told her the color of the house and the house number, and she drove right past it!!! Kristina was like, "Uh bus driver lady! That was our house!" Well, we made it in the end, so I guess that is what counts. =)Oh, and she did say we have a very lovely house. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
LOL... thank you for always making me laugh. I'm just sorry I have to laugh "at your expense." The bus driver doesn't sound like she knwos your city very well... so... you're driving a bus why? Is what I would have asked!
Post a Comment