It was mentioned to me a while ago that I should blog about this recipe. So, I am! This recipe is from my mother's side of the family, and it is a great one for large gatherings. (Well, you can make it just for your family too...all depends on how big of a pot of chili you make)
First you need to make a pot of chili...whatever recipe you like best (or if you wanna cheat and open a few cans of Hormel, I won't tell.)
You also then need to make some white rice.
Now here is everything you pile on. I will list them in order of how I pile mine, but you can do it however you like. I would also like to mention that it is best when you add ALL of these ingredients.
Crushed Frito chips
then the rice
then cheese (whatever shredded cheese you like to have with mexican stuff)
then the chili
chopped tomatoes
chopped onions
chopped pecans (trust me ok...YUMMMY!)
salsa
shredded coconut (again trust me! Don't leave this off! It does not make it taste coconuty...just sweetens it up)
chopped green peppers
sour cream
Mix it all up on your plate or bowl and enjoy!!
What I think is really great about this (aside from the amazing yumminess of it!) is that it can feed a lot or a little based on how much you make, makes great leftovers, and if you are serving a big group of people, you just make the chili and the rice, and have other people bring the other ingredients already chopped up etc.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Definitely sounds unusual - but I am willing to give it a try! Thank you for sharing.
Post a Comment